Monday, April 16, 2012

Interview with a web designer and illustrator Nick La



Nick says he always wanted to be an artist since childhood, and was fond of drawing, painting and art in general. Now his path - is an illustration, CSS, and icons. Today it is a lot of portals, all sorts of publications and design work for our hero.

Hey, Nick. Tell us a little about yourself: where he studied, where you work?.

I am a designer and illustrator living in Toronto. Created: N. Design Studio, Web Designer Wall, Design Jobs on the Wall, Best Web Gallery, and IconDock.

Was first introduced to Photoshop in school then, and became interested in graphic design. He studied at the college graphic design and advertising. My knowledge of CSS - the result of self-education: textbooks, manuals, Internet.









2. How are you developing in the field of fine art since the first time took up his brush?.

At first, I copied the various comic book artists, postcards. Next up was Adobe Illustrator 8. He began to depict simple and unpretentious logos in vector illustration. Now I use Illustrator is a complex.







How do you work? .

Work is usually going to Starbucks. My main tool - a software package Adobe ( especially Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver).







In addition to drawing, you are doing, and web mastering, why not focus on anything the same?.

Now N. Design Studio is a single man, so that everything falls on my shoulders alone. So I need to know web design process from start to finish, including coding (HTML, CSS and WordPress) and all cross-browser compatibility.







In your graphics Oriental motifs are present. What inspires you to this?.

I have a Chinese background and I love Chinese and Japanese art. So in my work a lot of Asian elements, birds, patterns, colors.







6. About vector graphics: What are your future plans?.

There will be time - always draw more pictures in the vector, and organize exhibition.







7. In the creative process of how much work do you like more: the beginning or end?.

Most of all I like the ultimate refinement, when the vector image is ready. I open it in Photoshop, to add richness, texture, effects. At this point, it becomes a living illustration of.

8. You have several successful blogs. How do you organizuesh time for projects and blogging? .

As I write blogs when projects do not burn. Also, to save time, use their work as examples. I am very glad if my readers find useful lessons for yourself.







11. Which project has brought the greatest satisfaction and why?.

Most of all, I am satisfied with Web Designer Wall, because of the possibility to use their artistic skills to create a unique theme for WordPress.







12. Rasskadi how to make a spectacular icon, and that you spodviglo for the design of IconDock.

A good icon should be simple and expressive. Keep icons as simple as possible. Use a minimum of effects. Icon should be set to, but not ambiguous.

I got into design icons, as many of my projects require the creation of add (including themes for blogs). As an experiment, I made a set of Mini Pixel Icons, which has become very popular. Then he began to design and sell a separate icon on the N. Design Studio. In February 2009, I completed the development of IconDock, where you can order a free icon or to borrow.







13. What are some websites or artists inspire you?.

No, I can inspire some work, but not just any designer or style as a whole. I find inspiration in the surroundings, be it people, nature, shopping, etc..







14. What can you say at last novice designers?.

Explore, find your style. Do not be afraid to take the time to experiment.

© A full version of the interview in the original. here.

No comments:

Post a Comment